Tuesday, March 24, 2009

@Mike_Wesely

Bio: Video + Optin = Success, Internet Marketer, http://TwitTalk.tv Twitter SEO & Business Positioning Expert, Life Coach,Trainer, Author,Google Marketing Secret

Mike Wesley has quite a presence on twitter. With over 30,000 followers and almost 15,000 tweets in just over a year, he's hard to miss. He has become something of a twitter expert (twexpert?), and can be seen flaunting his expertise on regular live http://TwitTalk.tv video conferences. He's also something of a marketer, and is currently promoting a project of his called VideOptin, among other things. As busy as he is, he has found the time to intweet, so let's see what he has to say...

@jafprrr:
Welcome to your intweet! The question of the night is, can you outdo Obama?

@Mike_Wesely: That can be tough, but if he stands still for too long, it could happen.

@jafprrr:
Not much chance of that happening! You've achieved a lot in your 1st year on twitter, haven't you?

@Mike_Wesely:
Yes pretty proud of were I'm at :-)

@jafprrr:
That's what I really want to know tonight. Where ARE you at? What would you say you've achieved?

@Mike_Wesely:
I have built some very strong relationships, and have also positioned myself in a good place

@jafprrr:
Positioned yourself for what?

@Mike_Wesely:
Positioned as a go to person about Twitter and for many other things.

@jafprrr:
Yes, I was watching u on http://TwitTalk.tv 2nite. How long did it take to become a twexpert?

@Mike_Wesely:
Well over a few months i just tried to help people with Twitter questions and then it just grew from there.

@jafprrr:
I see you're using that knowhow for coaching. How else does it benefit you?

@Mike_Wesely:
again it mostly comes down building relationships with people,

@jafprrr:
...and once you've built that relationship, what then? This is the meaty bit, as far as I can tell.

@Mike_Wesely:
well u build relationships, u attract to U, then any products or services people want to get from U because they like U.

@Mike_Wesely:
It is really all just human characteristics, no different on Twitter than F2F. Most don't realize this simple thing

@jafprrr:
U see, that's the bit I've never really worked out. How successful have you been at this critical (selling) stage?

@Mike_Wesely:
I have had successes, but I havent really even gotten to that stage yet, the more patient U are the more successful this is.

@Mike_Wesely:
I also will say I was at Events the past 2 weeks and because of Twitter and my position, many ppl were coming 2 me for advice

@jafprrr:
I get the impression that marketing isn't new to u. What were you doing b4 u started on twitter?

@Mike_Wesely:
I am a marketer that has a software company, and offering services like content mng. sys. , autoresponder, and shop cart

@Mike_Wesely:
The last 2+ yrs have been developing social networking platforms

@jafprrr:
Ah, so u were already using the net. Tell me about these social networking platforms you're developing...

@Mike_Wesely:
The biggest I am restricted to talk about, but http://SportsBunch.com is one of them, we also can plug to any niche

@jafprrr:
Mmmm, sport! What about VideOptin - that's another project of yours, right?

@Mike_Wesely:
Yes, http://VideOptin.com is a service that works with ur autoresponder that combines video and the optin in the same player

@jafprrr:
Do you come up with these ideas, or is your job just to sell them?

@Mike_Wesely:
I am the Idea guy for sure. always luv solving problems

@jafprrr:
I was going to ask u what is the next big social networking app, but I guess you can't tell me?

@Mike_Wesely:
Well I will say that I feel Twitter is here to stay for a while, but the next will be very video intense i believe.

@jafprrr:
Is that a hint?

@Mike_Wesely:
It Could be ;-)

@jafprrr:
What IS it that you think makes twitter so popular?

@Mike_Wesely:
the 140 Chars. (short) and real time response - Great way to build relationships :-)

@jafprrr:
So do those 140 characters swallow up most of yr life, or are you a good time manager?

@Mike_Wesely:
I am active indeed, but I am a great multi-tasker and doing other work at the same time

@jafprrr:
Would you still be using twitter if you weren't using it for marketing?

@Mike_Wesely:
who knows what path I would be on if i were not a marketer, but, I will say Twitter has benefits for all > So I would hope so

@jafprrr:
You post a lot of quotes - do you have a fav?

@Mike_Wesely:
#QUOTE: "Be Yourself, Nobody likes the other You anyway."

@jafprrr:
LOL, that's a good one! And finally, who inspires you on twitter?

@Mike_Wesely:
That one and others i personally write, are special, but I post a lot of really special ones for sure.

@Mike_Wesely:
All the really really cool followers i have. without them I am nobody.

@jafprrr:
A great way to finish! Well, thank you. It's been a pleasure getting to know the man behind the pointing fingers...

@Mike_Wesely: Thats funny, and I appreciate u taking the time to share what i Have to say :-) Good Luck to U and all ur readers :-)

@jafprrr:
Thank you.

Courtesy of intweets

No comments:

Post a Comment